Stock Alert and Chart Analysis: TSLA

Disclaimer

  In these stock alert and chart analysis posts, I want to point out a security that has a very interesting chart and/or serious buzz in the social media sphere or mainstream media.

  To help understand these alerts and chart analyses, consider checking out how I perform technical analysis here and how I trade breakouts here.

  Okay, back to the good stuff!

Stock: TSLA, Tesla Motors, Inc.

Long-term Weekly Chart Technical Analysis:


TSLA broke some key up-trendline support on the weekly chart. The breakout wasn't that strong so I'm cautiously short-biased, but short-biased nonetheless. Chances are TSLA has a short-term bounce to 220 resistance, and that's where I'd be looking to get short.

Long-term Weekly Chart Gameplan:

I would short any pops to 220 area with a stop at 225 area. Position sizing is key here because the plan calls for a minimum of a $5 stop. That means some serious room for the short to work, but this plan respects the chart and not my emotions or a desire to make a ton of money. Plan your trade and trade your plan.

What are your thoughts on TSLA?

Jory

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Trading Stocks is the Best Therapy in the World

The Laws of Trading

How to Perform F2G Technical Analysis