My Trading Strategy

Before I discuss my strategy, I'd like to start with an important quote that's relevant to aspiring traders:

"Many of life's failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." –Thomas Edison

Perseverance is one of the most important personal qualities of a successful trader. Its importance is backed up by research, which you can learn more while not boring yourself to death in this great TED Talk by Angela Duckworth: http://www.ted.com/talks/angela_lee_duckworth_the_key_to_success_grit

Okay, now for my strategy. I try to keep it simple stupid (KISS):

  1. Stay calm and trade only the best daily chart set ups:
    • Over-extended daily chart
    • Near a breakout or just after one for a long
    • Beat chart
  2. Risk capital that I'm absolutely willing to lose without seriously affecting my emotional well being
  3. Set two price targets before entering a trade, and stick to them. Adjust stop losses only if the trade is going my way to lock in profits.
  4. Analyze trading performance after-the-fact--identify strengths and weaknesses, and set goals to maximize strengths and overcome weaknesses
That's the gist of my trading strategy at this point. I'll go into more detail with actual trade examples as time progresses.

'Till next time, 

Jory

Comments

  1. Great article ! Being a solo retired. I just do regret you didn't publish it 20 years ago, maybe it would have helped me to retire in better conditions than I did. Thanks anyway, for others...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Trading Stocks is the Best Therapy in the World

The Laws of Trading

How to Perform F2G Technical Analysis